The Morning Show (also known as Morning Wars in Australia and Indonesia) is an Apple Original comedy-drama series starring Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon and Steve Carell that premiered November 1, 2019 on Apple TV+. The second season premiered on September 17, 2021.
Alex Levy runs The Morning Show, a popular news program that has excelled TV ratings and changed the face of American television forever.
After her partner of 15 years, Mitch Kessler, is fired amidst a sexual misconduct scandal, Alex fights to retain her job as top newsreader while sparking a rivalry with Bradley Jackson, an aspiring journalist who seeks to take Alex's place.
Current Main Cast
- Jennifer Aniston as Alex Levy
- Reese Witherspoon as Bradley Jackson
- Billy Crudup as Cory Ellison
- Mark Duplass as Chip Black
- Greta Lee as Stella Bak
- Julianna Margulies as Laura Peterson
- Nestor Carbonell as Yanko Flores
- Karen Pittman as Mia Jordan
- Desean K. Terry as Daniel Henderson
- Ruairi O'Connor as Ty Fitzgerald
- Steve Carell as Mitch Kessler
Former Main Cast
- On November 8, 2017, it was announced that Apple had given the production a series order consisting of two seasons of ten episodes apiece.
- The series was set to be executively produced by Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Jay Carson, and Michael Ellenberg.
- On April 4, 2018, it was announced that Carson had departed the production over creative differences.
- He was expected to be replaced as executive producer and showrunner by Kerry Ehrin.
- On July 11, 2018, it was reported that Mimi Leder would serve as a director and executive producer for the series.
- On October 23, 2018, it was reported that Kristin Hahn and Lauren Levy Neustadter would serve as additional executive producers for the series.
- The series has a $15 million-per-episode budget, factoring in the $2 million-an-episode salaries of both Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon.
- MacRumors.com (2019-08-12). "Looks like "The Morning Show" will be called "Morning Wars" in Australia pic.twitter.com/LngIcFoRW3". @MacRumors. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- Hollywood Reporter Inside Apple's Long, Bumpy Road to Hollywood